Sunday, June 6, 2010

What will keep me going....

Back in March I posted on my King Adventures Blog, ressons that will keep me going on my diet.  I haven't totally forgotten about my reasons, however I haven't been thinking of them lately until my cousin Marie posted something similar on her blog.  I thought I would repost them "officially" on my blog specifically for my weightloss journey.  I will probably also go back through my old blog and pull some good weightloss information and repost on Pink Ninja Power. 

What will keep me going....

Lately I have been so stressed about things that I have been really screwing up my diet. I haven't focused on me or my diet... my life change... for the past month. A week or so ago I posted that I was so ready to get back on track... well it hasn't happened yet. I have a couple other blogs to catch up on and hope to get them done today. But on to "What Will Keep Me Going!"

In the past I have made a list as to why I wanted to lose weight. I was reading that list and realized that it was very motivational to me. However, my life has done a complete 360 since that list 3-4 years ago. I still have a lot on that list that will be put on to this list, however some things will change... like make mens heads turn, and to have men notice me and to be able to pick who I want to date, not just accept who wants to date me. I am married now and of course those things aren't inportant to me. Making this list also makes me realize that "morbidly obese" people have to go through so much in life that they shouldn't have too. I want to live a normal life and not worry about if I'm going to fit somewhere. I stopped living because of my size. I don't go to concerts or sporting games anymore becuase the seats are just too small. I make myself sick worrying if I will fit in the chairs at the job interviews I go on, and if I will fit on the airline this Spring. I've gained 100 pounds since that old list, and now my new list is twice as long. So let's get started. 
  1. To be healthy
  2. To have a baby
  3. To live a long happy life with my husband
  4. To be able to tie my shoes like a fit person does
  5. To not have to use a seat belt extender in my Jeep
  6. To fit in an airline seat
  7. To fit comfortably in a stadium seat (Royals, Chiefs, Sprint Center, Concerts)
  8. To own a pair of "Skinny Jeans"
  9. To own a "Little Black Dress"
  10. To run a mile with out feeling like I've died
  11. To be able to walk a flight or two of stairs without stopping
  12. To not have to shop in a "Plus Size" specialty store
  13. To be able to cross my legs
  14. To be able to wear high heels
  15. To be able to sit in a Restaurant Booth and not ask for a table
  16. To be able to go somewhere and not be stared at and made fun of
  17. To influence others my size and help them on their weight loss
 There's just a few on my list. I'll add more when they pop into my head. Hope everyone has a good day!

That was in March.  Here we are in May and I'm not able to do any of those things yet, but I'm not giving up! Good Luck to everyone and may the Power of the Pink Ninja be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment