Monday, May 31, 2010

Vegatable Steamer = 2 thumbs up!

So, I've got to tell you about my new "Taylor" brand vegatable steamer!  I bought it at the begining of this year at Kmart for $17 dollars.  It is endorsed by the Biggest Loser.  While I was there, I also picked up the Taylor -Biggest loser endorsed, electronic food scale for $17!  I did not take my diet seriously at the first of the year and these items didn't get used. 

But now I've found my motivation and I am ready! This steamer is awesome!  And so much cheaper then the Ziploc Steamer bags.  Last night I fixed us steamed zuccini, yellow squash and carrots.. never in a million years would I have thought I would like Zuccini and Squash!  I once heard a dietician tell a client to not suffer and eat things you don't like...  Well I agree to a point, however I didn't get this way eating things I didn't like, I got this way eating things I do like!  duh! Back to my meal:  I also seared some Ahi Tuna Steaks and finished the meal off with cottage cheese.  It was so much better then spending the evening eating out at fast food chains!  On the Ahi Tuna Steaks, I got my pan and olive oil as hot as i could and prepared the Tuna with Emerial's Seasoning.  For rare Tuna (which is recommened) cook the Tuna on each side for about 1 1/2 minutes.  I wasn't that brave so I cooked mine about 5 minutes on each side on medium/medium high heat.  My husband really enjoyed the meal too.  I'm a total dork, so here are a few pictures of my meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment